Life in the Highlands

Hello and thank you for looking at my Blog...i hope you enjoy my site. I'm pretty new to this but hope to keep it all updated with the progress of my garden. I've really enjoyed being able to start everything from scratch and the hard work has been worthwhile. I hope you enjoy seeing my progress too! Feel free to leave comments it's always nice to get feedback.

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Random things about me......

I've been tagged for a meme....haven't done one before so here goes.
In Blogspeak, a meme is an idea that is shared and passed from blog to blog, like a question posted in one blog and answered in many other blogs. I'm to list '7 Random things about me'.

Hmmm not easy i can tell you so here's my best shot! Thanks to Kenneth for tagging me.

  • I grew up in Grimsby, NE Lincs, which was the largest fishing port in Europe at one time. I moved North to Scotland at the tender age of 19 years of age...came for six months and apart from a couple of years back in England it's been my home ever since.
  • I'm a bibliophile - there i've admitted it. Thankfully it's not an offence but makes the world a more interesting place. I love books and have done so since being a small child. The internet has just extended that. The first novel i read was 'Kidnapped' by Robert Louis Stevenson. I read this at age 7 years.
  • I read the whole of the Encyclopaedia Britannica between the ages of 10 and 13 years old. I love knowledge and learning new things.
  • I love people, new places and cultures. I often like to sit and people watch, it's very interesting. I love hearing about other folks' adventures and cultures.
  • I once tried to 'stow away' on a ship heading for Africa so that i could see the Elephants.I was found by a crew member and promptly returned to dry land. As a child i was desperate to visit Africa. My first trip abroad at the tender age of 18 was to Africa!
  • I started gardening at age 10 years and have done so ever since, i was fascinated with Allotments as a child and all those plants growing. My mother recalled me 'gardening' as a toddler...although apparently my efforts were not always appreciated by my father!
  • I have always wanted to keep bees. One day i will fulfil this dream and keep hives.
Gosh that was really hard to do! Now i had to decide to tag seven others and here's my choice....it wasn't easy!

Here are the rules for newcomers to this meme:

Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to then report this on their own blog with their 7 random facts as well as these rules. They then need to tag 7 others and list their names on their blog. They are also asked to leave a comment for each of the tagged, letting them know they have been tagged and to read the blog.

10 Comments:

Blogger MrsKP said...

I'm having a blonde moment ! I can't do it ! :-( When I clicked the link it came up with Page Not Found. I'm distraught (and meanwhile thinking of 7 random things about me to contribute when someone tells me how ! lol

9:42 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Hi Ann!

I love your 7 Random Things. What an intelligent and interesting child...and now lovely lady! My favorite was your attempt to stow away to Africa to see the elephants.
That takes courage! :-)

Thank you for tagging me for a meme. This is my very first time to be tagged. How exciting! I'll work on my 7 Random Things in the morning. I can already see this is going to be a difficult list for me to make. Yours were the best!

Cheers!
Dawn

9:53 AM  
Blogger Ziggywigs said...

Hello Mrs KP. The link just takes you to my post with the rules and how to do it. It took me a few days to think of 7 random things...when i got going though i had 10 but had to cut it down.

Love your blogs by the Mrs KP your Lottie and garden is looking great.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Ziggywigs said...

Hello Dawn, I did plan my passage to Africa when i stowed away and had taken supplies for the journey. My list for the journey? 1 pack of chocolate digestive biscuits, one bottle of fruit juice and a raw potato just in case i came down with scurvy....i don't think i would have made it on those supplies somehow. My mother needed me tagged as i was a notorious wanderer as a child - i would just take off, as i got older i would also catch trains and buses which was a worry - amazingly i could cover a lot of ground in a short space of time.

2:44 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Wow Ann! Sounds like you were a gifted kid. Not a dull moment for your dear mother, I'm sure. Heehee!

I'm still making my list slowly, but surely.

Hope you're having a pleasant weekend.

Dawn

10:25 PM  
Blogger Ziggywigs said...

Thanks Dawn. I'm sure my mother would have said something different to gifted...teehee. Been a great Sunday weatherwise....thankfully managed to get some gardening done at long last....hope everyone else has had a great break.

1:09 AM  
Blogger Greg C said...

Oh my, I have been tagged. Thanks for visiting my blog and I am glad I returned to yours. Very interesting facts about you,

Greg

4:50 PM  
Blogger Ziggywigs said...

Thanks Gardener Greg...look forward to reading your blog again.

12:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Ziggywigs --

Thanks for tagging me! My post is up now.

Beth at Morning Glories

3:20 AM  
Blogger Ziggywigs said...

Great facts and your blog is really interesting. It's so nice to read about others adventures.

3:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home