Life in the Highlands

Hello and thank you for looking at my Blog...i hope you enjoy my site. I'm pretty new to this but hope to keep it all updated with the progress of my garden. I've really enjoyed being able to start everything from scratch and the hard work has been worthwhile. I hope you enjoy seeing my progress too! Feel free to leave comments it's always nice to get feedback.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

End of May 2007

The garden is gathering pace now and this is helped along by the wet weather we've been having. So much water has fallen but the plants are loving it.

Finally my Clematis 'Nelly Moser' is in flower and with more buds to come out. I'm well pleased with the display.

Been busy again and made a start on getting the pots planted up, managed quite a few but still have loads of plants sitting waiting to go into the garden and containers. Also need to get my baskets done so they get a chance to develop a bit before i hang them up.


I was out at the weekend and came back with some pots and more flowers. The garden is starting to get some colour again but it needs sun to really make it bloom and shine.

The weather is not helping me to get my garden furniture painted either. Wood needs to be dry. June not far away now so hopefully we'll get some more sun yet.

My chives are really putting their all into flowering. Will be thinning these later in the year and popping them around the garden.

I actually planted my brassicas at the weekend so at least all this rain is watering them in. Hopefully by mid June it will all be in place and i can just keep the weeds down with the hoe.

Strawberries are starting to form but still plenty of flowers too, looks like another bumper year if it dries up.

Oh well weekend looming and hopefully the weather will dry up quite a bit to allow me to get back at it. Happy gardening folks!



Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger labbit99 said...

Hi!
I enjoyed readng your blog as I am currently in the middle of laying out a vegetable plot here in NZ. Its officially Winter here tomorrow but we are getting unseasonably warm sunny weather (20DegC days) which makes working in the garden pleasurable alebit hot n sweaty labour constructing beds! I hope to grow a myriad of veges in raised beds but have hit a slight snag which I need to sort out. Tanalised timber over here means still treated with CCA (which I think is now banned in the EU)...and I thought it meant tanalith and didnt check...so looking at my options. Argh! Anyways, I will look back at your blog often and see if I can pick up any useful green finger tips albeit our seasons are AoverT!
Best wishes
Pauline
PS I am a Canna too

1:51 AM  
Blogger Ziggywigs said...

Thanks for your kind comments....it sounds great what you are planning. Seems odd that you are just starting your winter...i am sooo looking forward to the Summer and seeing everything come along.

3:19 AM  
Blogger Alyssa said...

Hi Zig, Boy, I wish I was getting some of that wonderful rain. We do need it here. The clematis are so lovely - you should be proud. Sometimes it seems like all those plants will never end! Your garden looks as if it's coming along really nicely. Can't wait to see it later in the year. Alyssa

9:19 AM  
Blogger Ziggywigs said...

Thanks Alyssa....with all the rain all we need now is a bit of sun to bring it along nicely. Hoping to get more veggies in at the weekend...can't wait to get at it..forecast not too bad just showers great planting weather.

4:38 AM  
Blogger Chrissie said...

Hello, your clematis is beautiful! So many flowers! And your chives, I have some in a pot for the first time and have been thinking of spreading them around the garden. We have had a lot of rain here too, everything is green :-) Here comes summer!

12:07 PM  
Blogger Ziggywigs said...

Thanks Chris. It's hard to believe that the chives were struggling in a pot last year and when i plonked them in the ground they looked pretty pathetic....a year on and i'm thinking of dividing them! Can't wait for long hot summer days and nights.

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home