Life in the Highlands

Hello and thank you for looking at my Blog...i hope you enjoy my site. I'm pretty new to this but hope to keep it all updated with the progress of my garden. I've really enjoyed being able to start everything from scratch and the hard work has been worthwhile. I hope you enjoy seeing my progress too! Feel free to leave comments it's always nice to get feedback.

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Be smart. Be nice. Do what you love...but above all have fun and see you on the other side!

I haven't posted on here for a while, so thought I had better update!

Well immediately after climate camp (yes back in 2008!), I met my future husband. So you can see why I have been busy what running up and down the country. organising a wedding and settling down to married life.

After a two year courtship we were eventually married on 14th August 2010, so we have just celebrated our first anniversary together. The time has literally flown by!

Married life has, of course, brought changes, not least having to consider someone else. As with any married couple we are looking forward...and we are all set to move from the Highlands shortly to start a new life together. My husband shares my love of travelling and adventure so we are going to spend sometime in Africa in my hubby's ancestral home of Nigeria.

I am very excited as I am finally going to realise my dream of travelling Africa overland to Nigeria...a journey which will take us through many countries on the West Coast of Africa.

My passion for growing and cooking has now expanded immensely to include African foods and ingredients. Even if I say so myself I make a few dishes that I am rather proud of. My favourite is Jollof Rice, Suya, Egusi Soup, Puff Puff (a type of African Doughnut)...I have even managed to make African pies a sort of small pastie which is very tasty. I hope to be able to try my hand at growing Tropical Yams, Plantain (Banana) and Okra. I am sure that the challenges will be many but I am so looking forward to them, good, bad or indifferent.

For those who would like to follow Ann and Shane's Amazing Adventures I have started a separate blog which I hope to be able to update on our travels and sharing our experiences.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home