Life in the Highlands

Hello and thank you for looking at my Blog...i hope you enjoy my site. I'm pretty new to this but hope to keep it all updated with the progress of my garden. I've really enjoyed being able to start everything from scratch and the hard work has been worthwhile. I hope you enjoy seeing my progress too! Feel free to leave comments it's always nice to get feedback.

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Electronic Petition

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to provide more land for allotments for people to grow their own vegetables

This will do the following:

1. Allow people to save money.
2. Provide an area for abundant wildlife.
3. Help to absorb carbon dioxide from the atmosphere.
4. Help to cut the amount of carbon dioxide in the world's atmosphere: people grow their own food instead of buying it all thus reducing 'air miles' (and shipping and lorry pollution).
5. Provide people with a community group to belong to and enjoy.
6. Provide people with a space to exercise while doing something worthwhile - it will benefit them in two different ways at the same time.

There simply aren't enough allotments around and waiting lists are ridiculously long in some areas.
Other petitions which may also interest you:
Petition against demolition of Manor Garden Allotments for Olympics -

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger MrsKP said...

Happy New Year love ! Signed the petition as fast as my fingers could type. I'm really worried that by the time I get to the top of my waiting list, I'll be too old and crochety to be able to work it. Hope you don't mind but I've knicked it for my blog too. Glad you're microclimate is missing the worst of the storms. I'm wondering how the wind knows how to loosen nuts and bolts ! :-)

9:37 AM  
Blogger Ziggywigs said...

LOL at the winds loosening nuts and bolts. If by signing the petition you get a plot quicker it will be worth it!

The more folk that add to their blog the better!

Z

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home