Life in the Highlands

Hello and thank you for looking at my Blog...i hope you enjoy my site. I'm pretty new to this but hope to keep it all updated with the progress of my garden. I've really enjoyed being able to start everything from scratch and the hard work has been worthwhile. I hope you enjoy seeing my progress too! Feel free to leave comments it's always nice to get feedback.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

June 2006

The garden in 2006......still room for development!


As the veggie garden slops, we put in kerb edging and built steps using slabs...and a small patio on top with an arbour seat, a 40th birthday present. The bushes either side of the steps are Currants; black, red and white and Gooseberries, Pax and Invicta and another currant bush.


The view down the length of one of the legs of the veggie garden, in the far of the plot i've autumn rasps, blackberries, loganberries and tayberry. Need to redo the supports as this wasnt that successful. Still have some space up this end to sort out and was thinking asparagus but not sure if there is enough room.


Second leg of the veggie garden, where the strawberries grow, and this year tatties. I've a space for a greenhouse just at the end of the tatties before the berries.....base still to go in but can't wait for this to start.


Start of the onion plot, 3 teepees this year for runners as i'm particularly fond of them. My onions were a tad late in going in but seem to be making up the time. Also lettuces, beetroot and carrots in here.

View from the abour seat end towards fruit trees, I've four cordon dessert apples in. This is their second year and fruited very well last year. Have popped Nasturtiums seeds underneath for a bit of colour. Like the veggie plot to look decorative too. I've built temporary paths to my compost bins with bark and this works very well. Permanent paths are made of slabs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home